EcoFairfield is in the process of becoming an independent non-profit, and our signature event is the Earth Day EcoFairfield Festival. This year’s Festival will be a week long, starting Saturday April 20th and extending to Sunday April 28th. We invite the community to host sustainability events throughout the week, which we will gladly promote on our Festival schedule.
Planned events include:
- Chataqua, a blend of music, informative presentations, and poetry
- A variety of workshops & presentations
- EcoJam Fashion Show
- Go Green Community Conversation session
- A Community Service Project (hopefully Dig In 2 Community Tree Planting!)
- Green Drinks Friday April 26th
- Green Vendors & Entrepreneurs Fair
- Whatever additional events the community sees fit: Interactive art, placemaking, documentaries, potlucks, garden-mustard pulling, fun run fitness festival, biking events, etc.
We invite you to host an event and coordinate it with us. We are happy to provide helpful resources and mentor those new to event planning and organization.
Open positions on the core team include:
- Green Drinks Coordinator
- Social Media manager
- Communications & Marketing captain
- EcoJam Fashion Show Director
- Volunteer Coordinator (recruit and orient volunteers for festival weekends)
- Service Project Captain
If you are interested in any of these volunteer positions, please contact Minca Borg, firstname.lastname@example.org or 641-233-1138. We will be happy to share more details about each of these roles. Experience is a plus, however it is also a joy to pass on the torch to new organizers.